PROGRAM OF THE CONFERENCE
Conference day 1
8:00 - 12:00 Registration of Participants and setup of stands by participants
12:00 - 15:30 Tour of touristic sites in Yaounde and Environs
15:30 - 17:00 Registration continues
18:00 Welcome cocktail, for sponsors and participants with stands (collect invitations at the registration point, Palais de congres)
TUESDAY. 3rdSeptember 2019
Conference Day 2
8:00 Registration continues
9:30 Session 1.OFFICIAL OPENING CEREMONY
- Welcome speech by the government Delegate
- Introductory remarks and presentation of sponsors by the President of the Organizing Committee, the Secretary of state, Ministry of Mines, Indsutry and Technological Development.
- KEY EVENT: Presentation by PRECASEM of results of work carried out since 2014
- KEYNOTE SPEAKER: The importance of geo-scientific data for the assurance of a sustainable Cameroonian mining sector: risks, uncertainty and challenges linked to prospectively, targeting the generating of exploitation projects and the value of mining activities. Speaker: Mr. Francisco J. IGUALADA
- Speech from the world bank representative or its Country Director
- Opening speech by the minister of mines, representative of the Prime Minister, Head of Government
11:30 Session 2.OFFICIAL VISIT OF STANDS
KEY EVENT. Visit of Database at the PRECASEM stand.
- Installation of the one to one investor stands managed by the Director of mines for meetings between project owners (greenfield and brownfield) and potential investors.
- Visit to other selected stands.
12:30 Session 3. PROCEDURES OF ACQUISITION OF THE OVER 300 NEWLY DISCOVERED MINERAL OCCURRENCES AND OTHER MINING PROSPECTS.
Moderator: Dr. Fuh Calistus Gentry, Secretary of state, MINMIDT
- Procedures of acquisition of new mineral occurrences and presentation of the newly digitalized mining cadastre (Director of Mines: Mr. BOYOGUENO Serge Hervé)
- Presentation of new data vis a vis existing exploration licences and mining leases (Director of Geology: Madam DONGMO Jeanne Pascale)
13:30 Session 4. LEGAL FRAMEWORK
Moderator: Director of Judicial Affairs: Mr. NYETAM Philippe
- Incentives provided by the revised mining code By the Sub Director of Artisanal mining
- Legal frame work of doing business in Cameroon handled by Lynda Amadagana-Etogo
14:30 Session 5. THE CAMEROON FINANCIAL SYSTEM
Moderator: SECRETARY GENERAL, MINMIDT
- Raising Capital in Cameroon and Central Africa Stock exchange market by the Director of the Douala Stock Exchange Market
- The state of Banking presented by the Director General of Afriland First bank
- Mechanisms of financing exploration mining in Cameroon presented by Mr. Par Christopher Spencer
- The Insurance sector by the Director General of AXA.
16:00 Session 6.THE MINERAL INDUSTRY AND RELATED INFRASTRUTURE
Moderator: Director of Industry: Mr. NTAKEU Brunot
- Huge market for analytical laboratories and drilling companies by Dr. Eric Ngantchou
- Role of local Public Works companies in the development of major mining projects presented by the General Manager of SNI.
- The CSR standards implemented by Eramet on all its sites through concrete examples: Mr. Pierre Alain Gautier
17:00 Session 7.THE SCOPE OF ARTISANAL MINING AND DEVELOPMENT MINERALS IN THE ECONOMICS OF AFRICAN COUNTRIES
Moderator: Director of Mines: Mr. BOYOGUENO Serge Hervé
-Artisanal mining as indicators to Cameroon’s Gold potential Presented by Mr.Mimbang Victor Aristide and Mr. Tim Livesey: Leading the way in gold Exploration in Cameroon.
-Artisanal mining and durable development presented by Mr. Yves Bertrand.
-The development minerals project in Central Africa with European Union support and perspectives for international support
Speaker: ACP-UE Moussa Charles
19:00 CLOSE OF DAY
19:30 OFFICIAL DINNER AND COCKTAIL offered by PRECASEM and MINMIDT.
- A cocktail for greenfield, brownfield, Cameroon project owners, Central
African project owners, and foreign Investors to meet up.
- Official cocktail dinner attended by senior Cameroon authorities.
- Cameroon cultural display, and
- Presentation and acknowledgement of sponsors
Conference Day 3
8:30 SESSION 8.SCIENTIFIC COLLOQUIUM
Moderator: Prof. Felix TOTEU
-Geology/Geodynamics of the PRECASEM project
-Archian/ Paleoproterozic thematic presented by Julie Bernard and Merlain Mbouyo.
10:30 Continuation of SESSION 8
- Geochemistry/Mineral Resources of the PRECASEM project
- Gisement calcaire de Mintom : New exploration acquisitions and new exploitation perspectives. Presented by Dr. Jean Bassahak.
13:15 SESSION 9 Governance and mining
Activities carried out within the framework of the PASIE project and their impact on improving the surveillance of the extractive industry. Presented by Dr. Alfred Enoh or a representative
- Review of project owner and investment meetings and announcement of negotiated business engagements.
14:30 SESSION 10 SPECIAL AUDIENCES GRANTED TO MAJOR INTERNATIONAL MINING COMPANIES AND SPONSORS BY SENIOR STATE OFFICIALS
16:30SESSION 11. CLOSING CEREMONY
- Conclusions and presentation of Conference report
- Presentation, conclusions, and recommendations by Representative of technical secretariat.
- Word of thanks by President of Organizing Committee
- Official closing remarks by the Minister of Mines, Industry and Technological Development
17:30 END OF CEREMONY